East Middle School
an Oak Creek-Franklin Public School: Building Successful Futures Together
Working together to engage, challenge and inspire every student every day.
- East Middle School engages students with exceptional learning experiences and caring support.
- East Middle School challenges students to think critically, collaborate, communicate, & create.
- East Middle School inspires students to set and achieve ever higher goals.
Building Successful Futures Together
Core Values & Beliefs
Success of Every Student: Students should have many varied opportunities to learn, to achieve, and to celebrate success in & out of the classroom. We act on our belief that all students can learn anything.
Respect & Integrity: Communication and interaction among and between students, parents, employees, and community members should be defined by mutual respect, trust, and support. We celebrate our diverse community; differences enrich and strengthen us.
Continuous Improvement: We value continuous improvement through collaboration, shared leadership, & learning at all levels. Faculty, staff, administrators, parents, & students collaboratively evaluate our individual and collective progress & take action to improve.
High Expectations: Expectations are clearly defined, understood, and shared. Students, parents, and employees are empowered, supported, and trained to meet expectations. Successes are recognized and celebrated.
Teamwork: Education is a partnership among the community, parents, students, and school personnel; decisions are made with their input and participation. We work together to innovate and ensure student success in a supportive environment.
Safety: Schools and work sites must be safe and secure environments for students, parents, and employees - emotionally as well as physically.
2016-2017 School Improvement Goals
- Every East Middle School student in grades 6-8 achieves his/her projected literacy growth on the STAR Assessment.
- Every East Middle School student in grades 6-8 achieves his/her projected math growth on the STAR Assessment.
- East Middle School Student Engagement Score increases from 4.00 to 4.05.
- East Middle School Parent Satisfaction Score increases from 3.97 to 4.07.
- East Middle School Employee Engagement Score increases from 4.03 to 4.08.