What does PBIS stand for?
"PBIS" is short for Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports.
What is PBIS?
Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports (PBIS) is a systemic approach to proactive, school-wide behavior based on a Response to Intervention (RtI) model. PBIS applies evidence-based programs, practices, and strategies for all students to increase academic performance, improve safety, decrease problem behavior, and establish a positive school culture. Schools implementing PBIS build on existing strengths, complementing, and organizing current programming and strategies.
What is Oak Creek East Middle School doing to support PBIS?
- Oak Creek East Middle School behavioral expectation posters introduced into classrooms, hallways, and the school cafeteria
- STAR lessons
- OCEMS staff handbook to ensure the best practices and consistency
- PBIS Kick-off in 6th-8th grade
- PBIS student team
- OCEMS PBIS parent nights
OCEMS Behavioral Expectations:
- Respectful & Safe
- Students are acknowledged for exhibiting behaviors listed above by giving them specific positive feedback along with Cougar cash.
- When a student receives a Cougar Cash slip, they should place it in the Cougar bank that is located in the main office.
- Cougar cash slips are also given out at house acknowledgments, which are weekly or monthly.