An Oak Creek-Franklin public school; Building Successful Futures Together
Working together to engage, challenge and inspire every student every day.
- Edgewood engages students with exceptional learning experiences and caring support.
- Edgewood challenges students to think critically, collaborate, communicate, & create.
- Edgewood inspires students to set and achieve ever higher goals.
Whatever it Takes...
Core Values & Beliefs
Success of Every Student: Students should have many varied opportunities to learn, to achieve, and to celebrate success in & out of the classroom. We act on our belief that all students can learn anything.
Respect & Integrity: Communication and interaction among and between students, parents, employees, and community members should be defined by mutual respect, trust, and support. We celebrate our diverse community; differences enrich and strengthen us.
Continuous Improvement: We value continuous improvement through collaboration, shared leadership, & learning at all levels. Faculty, staff, administrators, parents, & students collaboratively evaluate our individual and collective progress & take action to improve.
High Expectations: Expectations are clearly defined, understood, and shared. Students, parents, and employees are empowered, supported, and trained to meet expectations. Successes are recognized and celebrated.
Teamwork: Education is a partnership among the community, parents, students, and school personnel; decisions are made with their input and participation. We work together to innovate and ensure student success in a supportive environment.
Safety: Schools and work sites must be safe and secure environments for students, parents, and employees - emotionally as well as physically.
Our 2017-2018 School Improvement Goals:
- Literacy Goal: Edgewood’s median Student Growth Percentile (SGP) will increase from 60-64 and the percent of students meeting proficiency will increase by 4% (from 52% to 56%)
- Math Goal: Edgewood’s median Student Growth Percentile (SGP) will increase from 58-62 and the percent of students meeting proficiency will increase by 4% (from 51% to 55%)
- Student Engagement Goal: Edgewood Student Engagement Score will increase from 4.11 to 4.16 .
- Parent Engagement Goal: Edgewood Parent Engagement Score will increase from 4.38 to 4.43.
- Employee Engagement Goal: Edgewood Employee Engagement Score will increase from 4.22 to 4.27.