Tuesday, June 6, 2017
- Today’s Chef Special is a Sante Fe Rice Bowl.
- Leader Academy: Students who turned in their permission slip for the field trip to Meta House today should report to the Pupil Services office at 1:50pm (directly after the end of 7th hour).
- GSA will have its end of the year party this Thursday in room 257 from 2:45-3:30.
Special guest speaker Michael Tomach will be joining us to discuss the history of Pride, we will be handing out Pride passes for he weekend, and there will be pizza! Join us!
- GSA students interested in going to Pride as a group on Sunday must stop in to get a permission slip from Mrs. Hudson in room 257. Permission slips are due by our meeting on Thursday in order to get a Pride Pass.
- The Young Democrats will hold leadership elections for next year's officers at their meeting this Wednesday after school in room 113. All students are welcome to attend!
- If you are not attending the boys track banquet, please stop in the MAIN OFFICE to pick up your awards.
- There will be no volleyball open gym this week due to 8th grade commencement being set up in both gyms. We will see you at the summer sessions!
- All athletes remember to clean out your athletic locker room items. All lockers will be cleaned out by staff on Monday and anything left over will be donated to Goodwill.
- Computer Club will have it's final meeting this afternoon from 3-4pm in room 14. We'll be playing Injustice 2 and discussing plans for next year.
- Young Republicans Club members who attended the Madison field trip: Representative Rodriquez sent us complimentary pictures of our entire group in the Assembly chambers. I have a free picture for all of you. Please come claim it in the next few days.
- All students taking AP chemistry next year should pick up their Summer Assignment from any chemistry teacher by the end of this week
- ALL NEXT YEAR AP BIO STUDENTS who registered for the summer course need to report to Room 255 for a BRIEF meeting after school on Tuesday, June 6th. If you can't attend please see Ms. Hunt in Room 255.
- Attention all students taking AP Physics 1 next year. You need to pick up your summer assignment from room 249 this week. It is due the 1st day of school.
- Students signed up for AP Economics next year should stop by room 113 to pick up course information from Mr. Kurth.
- Attention Students: Lockers must be completely cleared immediately after the last class on the final day of school in June. If an emergency or absence occurs, please call the school to ensure the safety of your belongings. The school is not responsible for any items left in lockers after this time. Immediately after the last assessment on the final day of school in June, lockers are cleaned by the maintenance staff and items remaining are either donated to charity or disposed of. Returning students should leave their locks on their lockers over the summer. Graduating seniors should take their locks home.
- Ya like jazz? Come enjoy a night of some great music, maybe some laughs at the Oak Creek Minor 7th's Jazz Knight Concert, TODAY, Tuesday June 6th in the Little Theater at 7:00pm, Jazz Knight is free, so come with some friends to support your Music program at OCHS.
- Students enrolled in AP Environmental Science (APES) next school year: Please pick up your summer assignment scavenger hunt directions in room 251 by the end of the day Wednesday, June 7th. See Ms. Fowler with questions about the assignment or the class. Go Green!
- Are you looking for service hours this summer? Do you enjoy the outdoors and animals (especially horses)? Stepping Stone Farms, a non-profit farm, located just south of Franklin is accepting high school volunteers for the summer (and beyond). Training is provided. A weekly commitment is required. Pick up a flyer in the Pupil Services office!
- Attention Seniors! Want to be part of a NEW TRADITION? Sign up in your Knight Advisory to be part of the first Senior Walk. Walk the halls of your former elementary school as little Knights celebrate your accomplishments and dream of becoming an Oak Creek Knight. Senior Walk details: Friday, June 9, 2017, 1:00 pm check in at Elementary School main office. Wear your cap & gown - Sign-Up deadline is Tuesday, June 6th.