Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- Congratulations to your Lady Knights Swim and Dive team for defeating Racine Park last night and finishing a perfect 7-0 in conference this season. This is the first conference championship for the Girls Swim program since 1999. Way to go ladies and coaches!
- A reminder to all students interested in participating in a winter sport: The mandatory Winter Sports Athletic Code meeting is this Sunday, October 22nd in the main gym at 6:30 with Mr. Holler. Breakout sessions with individual sports coaches will occur at approximately 6:50. If you plan to participate in a winter sport, you must be in attendance. See Mr. Holler in the athletic office with questions.
- Chocolate covered pretzels are perfect for your Bestie or Bae. Your main squeeze will love you and probably say, "Thank you, I love them, You're awesome, my sweet. For what do I owe this yummy, sweet treat?" It's Sweetest Day Saturday, October Twenty-one. We'll eat them together and walk in the sun. Support Multicultural and Spanish Clubs and any relationship you have with a significant other by purchasing some chocolate-covered pretzels during lunch hours Thursday and Friday this week.
- Multicultural Club there will be no meeting this Thursday as members have been working hard after school to get ready for the fundraiser. Pay attention to announcements and Twitter for upcoming events.
- Hey Anime Club! Our next meeting is this Friday the 20th from 3-4. We will be meeting in the high school LMC for the first half then go to room 165 to finish our meeting and preview some ideas for our Movie Day. We can't wait to see you!
- Campus Life meets today after school in Room 115.
- A representative from St. Norbert College will be visiting OCHS on Wednesday, October 25th during 6th hour. If you're a junior or senior interested in visiting with this rep, sign up either using the link on the School Counseling calendar online OR in Pupil Services.
- A representative from UW-Colleges (Waukesha) will be visiting OCHS on Monday, October 23rd, during 6th hour in Room #107. If you're a junior or senior interested in visiting with this rep, sign up either using the link on the School Counseling calendar online OR in Pupil Services.
- Environmental Club will meet this Thursday after school in room 251. Remember to keep tracking your Eco Challenge points daily on the website. We are almost halfway through the competition! New members are always welcome.
- GSA will be meeting on Friday, October 20th at 3:00 pm in room 162 in the 10-12th grade building. We will be working on posters for the library display. All are welcome!
- Do you like action packed movies? Have a favorite superhero or supervillain? Love comics? If you answered yes to any of these then come join COMIC BOOK CLUB. Our first meeting is Thursday, October 19th at 3:00 pm, in Room 143. Anyone is welcome!
- Freshman, do you like reading and discussing books? Then the NGC book group would be perfect for you! We plan on reading books and talking about them all while having fun! Our first meeting will take place on October 26, 2017. To sign up go to our school library’s website and fill out the form under the book tab. We hope to see you there!
- For many students, attending a WEF (Wisconsin Education Fair) is the first experience in post-high school planning. This is a wonderful opportunity for students and their parents to collect a great deal of important, timely and updated information in one location about post-secondary educational opportunities. Franklin High School is hosting a WEF on Thursday, October 19th, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Franklin High School is located at 8222 S. 51st Street, Franklin, WI. Students should register at www.WEFS.org in advance and print their barcode prior to attending. See you at the fair!
- Any students interested in Model United Nations the first meeting will take place on Wednesday, October 25th after school in room 112. If you are interested in world politics or seeing what the views from other countries are - stop in to room 112 on October 25th.
- Hey Renaissance Club! We are working with the ASPIRE program again this year to help tutor at the elementary schools. There will be an informational meeting on Wednesday, October 18th after school in room 213. If you’re interested in learning more about this volunteer opportunity, come sign up for the info session in room 213!
- Attention HOSA-Future Health Professionals members! There will be a meeting on Wednesday, October 18th from 3:00-3:30 in room 141 (10-12 building). We will be discussing upcoming volunteer opportunities, important committee information, and we will be playing a fun icebreaker! (Reminder: if you attend every meeting this year you will be eligible to attend our end of the year party!)