Tuesday, December 12, 2017
- Mock Trial will meet after school tonight until 3:30. We will be working on specific roles for the upcoming scrimmage at Brookfield Central.
- Model UN will meet on Wednesday even though we do not have our countries yet.
- The OCHS Craft Club will meet tomorrow at 3pm in room 250! Bring your current projects, any craft is welcome. If you are looking to learn a new craft, bring materials and someone can help you get started!
- Chess Club will have a meeting tomorrow, Wednesday, in 245 after school. Bring a friend and show them the ropes!
- Ski/Snowboard Club - Our second trip to Alpine Valley is scheduled for 12/22/17. If you are interested in attending please pick up permission slip outside of Room 133. NGC permission slips are in both offices (main office and pupil service office.) All forms, fees and permission slips need to be returned to Room 133 by 12/20/17 if you plan on attending. NGC students can turn forms into the NGC office- Attention Nina Quillin/Ski Club. Think Snow!
- Attention Comic Book Club! We will be meeting this Wednesday from 3-4pm in Room 254 for our holiday celebration. If you would like, bring a wrapped comic inspired gift for a exchange with friends. Bring snacks to share and sign up on Google Classroom. See Mrs. Schmidt with questions.
- Girls and Boys basketball: Come out and help cheer on the boys and girls varsity teams to victory tonight as they take on rival Franklin in a doubleheader tonight at Franklin. Boys game starts at 5:30 with the girls game immediately following the boys. Go Knights!
- Are you interested in joining a team that will recognize your character as well as your skill? Come join the Cudahy Packer Trap team. We will be having an informational meeting January 3rd at 4 PM at Cudahy High School. Enter the student lot off Pulaski Ave and come in the South doors. We are meeting in the LGI room. This team is open to all middle school and high school students in good academic standing from around the area, no experience is necessary!. Parents are strongly encouraged to attend. We will be discussing the season format and special emphasis will be placed on new team members. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Dean Billo at Cudahy High School, firstname.lastname@example.org You can also visit our website at bitly.com/packertrap for more information.
- Campus Life will meet tomorrow, Wednesday, after school in Room 115. If you are looking for a fun place to make friends, talk about topics that are relevant to you, and enjoy delicious free pizza every week then this is the club for you! Come check it out; newcomers are always welcome!
- Do you want to surprise your favorite person(s) by having a candy cane, or even better a bouquet of candy canes, personally delivered by elves with a special note from you? The 2018 Senior Class Officers will be taking orders today, 12/12, 12/13 and 12/14 during the lunch hour(s) so that you can place your order. The candy canes will be delivered during 7th and 8th hour on 12/20 in the 10-12 building and on 12/21 at the NGC. The prices or $.50 each, 3 for $1.00 or $5.00 for a Bouquet of Candy canes.
- JUNIORS the ACT with Writing Exam will soon be here. Want to improve your score on your ACT? Now is the time to prepare for your February 27 test. A.C.T Test Prep – Begins January 13th at OCHS. Registration is due by Monday, January 8th. Participation is on a space available basis. Register online @ www.ocfsd.org/youth-programs or with registration forms available in the Guidance Office. This class is taught by OCHS teachers and is only $30 to update your knowledge of math, English and science facts.
- Football Players if you did not attend the banquet, please stop in the Athletic Office to pick up your awards packet.
- Hey Renaissance Club! If you helped hang up lights at Yogi Bear this year, come to room 213 to pick up your free pass for Holiday Display.
- Computer Club's next meeting TODAY, Tuesday the 12th from 3-4pm in room 14. We'll be discussing Net Neutrality and using our remaining time for a game session.
- Next GSA meeting is after school Friday, December 15th in room 162 in the 10th-12th grade building. We are having a party! Come celebrate with us - new members always welcome!
- Juniors and Seniors interested in visiting with a representative from UW Green Bay on Wednesday, December 20th during 7th hour should sign up in the Pupil Services Office.
- Freshman, if you enjoy reading and discussing books, then the NGC book group would be perfect for you! We are continuing our book group this month by reading the book, The 57 Bus by Dashka Slater. This book covers a true account of 2 teenagers whose lives crossed and were changed forever one afternoon on the bus ride home from school. A single reckless act left one teenager severely burned, and the other charged with two hate crimes and facing life imprisonment. The case garnered international attention, thrusting both teenagers into the spotlight. If this interests you, please join us at our next Thursday meeting which will take place from 3:00-3:45. We hope to see you there!
- Thursday, December 14 (NGC Building) and Friday, December 15(10-12 Building) - As we continue to celebrate this month, sign up to create greeting cards. You can create cards to hand out this holiday season, or create some for a loved one as a gift. The card making activity will take place throughout the school day during your study hall. Please sign up on the linked form (NGC) or (10-12) to attend this event. See examples of the project below.
10-12 Sign-up URL:https://goo.gl/forms/qnPMyUNZVCMOtvSr2
NGC Sign-up URL:https://goo.gl/forms/zuASXeQaHmamdSLh2
- Any students attending the Best Buddies shopping trip at SouthRidge Mall after school on Wednesday 12/13 must have their permission slips turned in by TODAY, Tuesday, 12/12. If you have not received a permission slip, please see Ms. Hood in room 137. There is no cost to attend the shopping trip -- transportation is provided.
- Attention all students wanting to work in our school-based enterprise (school store) the Armory. All credentials are due to Mrs. Huber in Room 117 by Friday, January 5th. You will find all the required documents and information on my personal page by searching Ricci Huber. Click Armory Internship and follow the links. If you have any questions please stop in Room 117 or ask any one of my Armory team members.