Friday, March 24, 2017
- Congratulations to Molly Cummings who correctly guessed that Ms. Madson played the music and provided the clues for today's Music Friday! Your prize will be delivered to you later today! Remember enter your guess at tinyurl.com/ocmusicfriday if you know the staff member playing the music!
- Attention all wrestlers plan on attending a five minute banquet meeting on Tuesday 3/28 in room 150B. Banquet forms will be handed out.
- Congratulations to this week's Renaissance Knightly Honor Award winners. They are: Ashley Garski, Kevin Wolf, Zachary Andreska, Hannah White, Han Nguyen, Marc Westemeier, Zachary Cowell, Ian Rudinger. The winners of the cookie, fries, or beverage are: Nkazi Nchinda, Liesel Couch, Me'sio Bishop and the winner of the $10 gift card is: Shraddha Bhide. All winners please report to the Main Office and see Mrs. Lochowicz for your award.
- Anime club will be meeting in room 156. Hope to see you there!
- Attention Juniors: The Prom Court Eligibility lists have been posted outside of Attendance and the Cafeteria. Please review the list and if you feel your name should be listed and it is not, see Ms. Gregorek or Ms. Oglesby before 3:00PM on Wednesday, March 29th. No changes will be made after 3pm Wednesday, no exceptions!
- Attention Boys Golfers and Tennis Players: The season starts on Monday and you need to make sure Mrs. Jerominski has all of your forms and you have registered on line by the end of the day today. You need to cleared TODAY to participate on Monday! If you haven't stopped by, please see Mrs. Jerominski in the Athletic Office TODAY!
- Do you want to have a voice in events around the school next year? Interested in getting involved with Homecoming, Relay for Life, and other leadership opportunities? Student Council Election packets will be available on Wednesday, March 29th in the main office, room 209, or room 233! (Packets due Friday, April 7th).
- This is a reminder that all applications for freshman mentoring are due TODAY, Friday, March 24th. These can be found on the school counseling website. Both your application and lesson plan must be submitted for you to be considered for mentoring. If you have any questions, please see or email Ms. Groh, Ms. Tyrcha, Mr. Cox, Mr. Steiner, Ms. Dassow, or Ms. Dorow.
- Attention students! Are you interested in robots? Do you want to see the demonstration of science, engineering, business and more all in one event? Well you're in luck! Oak Creek High School is participating in its second FIRST Robotics regional competition for the 2017 season. The event will be held from the 23rd through the 25th of March. The FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) is a unique varsity sport of the mind designed to help high-school-aged young people discover how interesting and rewarding the life of engineers and researchers can be. Come down to the UWM Panther Arena (400 East Kilbourn Milwaukee, WI 53202) and cheer on the Round Table Robotics. The event is free to the public and we will guarantee that you and your family will have fun. The team is coming off a 7-7-0 regional in Duluth, MN. The team is very optimistic about the road ahead. The final day of competition scheduled for Saturday is going to be exciting. The doors open at 8:30 AM and the event will end at 6 PM. Hope to see you there.
- On Tuesday, 3/28/17 Sophomores will be taking the Wisconsin Forward Exam. Freshman and sophomores lunch hours will be flipped. Sophomores will eat 5A then report to their 6th hour class to test. Sixth hour will be extended by 10-15 minutes for everyone.
- Tryouts for the 2017-2018 OCHS Varsity Pom team will be held May 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in the OCHS cafeteria. An optional tryout prep class will be held on Tuesday, April 4th. There will also be a MANDATORY pre-tryout informational meeting on April 25th. Informational packets are now available in the office for more details. Contact Coach Mostowik at email@example.com with questions.
- Any Junior who is interested in earning their numerals through the Renaissance program, please fill out the application in the Main Office or see Mrs. Lochowicz. You can not be receiving your numerals through any other sport, or club and must have earned your academic "OC" from Renaissance to be eligible to apply.
- Attention Students: The time is quickly approaching to get your hard-earned service points turned in to Ms. Paulson in the high school office. Seniors, it is especially important for you, as your points could earn you a service cord to be worn with your cap and gown at graduation. Any volunteer service that you have done, whether in school or outside of school can be counted. The magic number needed to earn your cord is "200", with 20 of those hours being earned outside of school. If you don’t already have a form, they are available in the high school office. Let’s get them turned in. They are due April 1, 2017.