Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- Reminder to Seniors that they are several local scholarships due Friday. So far we have very few applications. Check them out online at OCHS School Counseling Calendar or in the Pupil Services Office.
- Computer Club meets TODAY in room 14 from 3-4pm. We'll be sharing our thoughts about last week's video chat with David Jaffe's game design studio and discuss options for starting our own project. We'll make sure to save some time for some Mario Kart action too. New members are always welcome, so feel free to stop on down!
- ALL STUDENTS: Don't forget to submit your logo/drawing for the Knights Against Substance Abuse contest! Prizes for 1st through 3rd place and the grand prize winner will have their logo printed on flyers, posters, and T-Shirts for the event. Submissions are due April 4th to Mrs. Bentley in Guidance. Email digital submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off your hard copy in the Pupil Services/Guidance office prior to April 4th.
- Chick-fil-A Leader Academy: We will have a meeting on Thursday, 3/30 in Room 107. Everyone should be in attendance as the committees will be sharing out work completed and next steps. Snacks will be provided!
- Round Table Robotics would like to thank parents, teachers, mentors, and their fans for their support over the last few days. They finished with a 6-4 record at the WI FIRST Robotics Regional. Fun was had by all.
- National Honor Society letters have been mailed. If you do not receive yours in the next couple days, please see Ms.Caldwell or Ms. Madson by Friday March 31st.
- Attention Cast, Crew, and Pit for the winter musical Fly By Night: The Tommy Awards notes have arrived, so we will be meeting after school on Thursday, March 30th to discuss the results along with our plans for the Skylight High School Musical Celebration. See you then!
- Attention to those interested in participating in Guerrilla Theater, the deadline for your packets is the end of the school day tomorrow. Please turn in your packets either to Mr. Steeves in room 210 or Ms. Retzlaff in room 217.
- Attention all Renaissance members! Just a reminder there is a meeting tomorrow both before and after school in room 213.
- A representative from IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis) will be visiting Oak Creek High School on Thursday, April 6 during 6th hour. Any junior or senior interested in visiting with this representative should sign up in the Pupil Services office.
- Do you want to have a voice in events around the school next year? Interested in getting involved with Homecoming, Relay for Life, and other leadership opportunities? Run for Student Council next year! Election packets will be available on Wednesday in the main office, room 209, or room 233! (Packets due Friday, April 7th).
- Attention Juniors: The Prom Court Eligibility lists have been posted outside of Attendance and the Cafeteria. Please review the list and if you feel your name should be listed and it is not, see Ms. Gregorek or Ms. Oglesby before 3:00PM on Wednesday, March 29th. No changes will be made after 3pm Wednesday, no exceptions!
- Tryouts for the 2017-2018 OCHS Varsity Pom team will be held May 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in the OCHS cafeteria. An optional tryout prep class will be held on Tuesday, April 4th. There will also be a MANDATORY pre-tryout informational meeting on April 25th. Informational packets are now available in the office for more details. Contact Coach Mostowik at email@example.com with questions.
- Attention Students: The time is quickly approaching to get your hard-earned service points turned in to Ms. Paulson in the high school office. Seniors, it is especially important for you, as your points could earn you a service cord to be worn with your cap and gown at graduation. Any volunteer service that you have done, whether in school or outside of school can be counted. The magic number needed to earn your cord is "200", with 20 of those hours being earned outside of school. If you don’t already have a form, they are available in the high school office. Let’s get them turned in. They are due April 1, 2017.