Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- The JV football team beat Kenosha Indian Trail, 26-22, in Kenosha yesterday. The JV Knights now have an overall record of 4-2.
- A big congratulations to the newly elected board of NAHS! The new President is Nancy Yang, the Vice-President is Carley Arrowood, the Secretary is Katie Flagge and the Treasurer is Cierra Gulbronson. Also, we have a meeting on Tuesday, October 3rd in room 259 at 2:50. We will be discussing upcoming projects and glazing the bowls we made for the The Empty Bowls Event. New members welcome!
- Penny War Update: 1st Place: Freshman ($ - 18.44), 2nd Place: Staff ($ - 27.25), 3rd Place: Sophomores ($ - 30.13), 4th Place: Juniors ($ - 32.73), 5th Place: Seniors ($ - 85.44). Remember the Penny War runs through Thursday!
- TOMORROW is Class Theme Day: Freshmen are Famous Freshmen, Sophomores are Storybook Sophomores, Juniors are Jungle Juniors, and Seniors are Secret Agent Seniors. Thursday is 90s day! Friday is OC Spirit Day! Have an amazing week!
- Juniors and seniors who intend to take a Youth Options Course next semester must submit the application by this Friday, September 29! The application can be found in the Pupil Services office or on the school counseling website.
- Computer Club will meet today at 3:00pm in room 14. We'll be discussing details regarding our upcoming LAN Party and our equipment needs for the year. We'll also have a group discussion regarding our favorite games and what makes a game successful.
- Everyone! FBLA is holding a meeting Thursday after school in the 10-12 cafeteria. It will begin at 2:55 and run for 20 or so minutes. You must turn in all membership information by this Friday(9/29)! Turn money into the office or Miss Stiebs along with the activity code of conduct form. AND don't forget to complete the membership form on google classroom See you all Thursday!
- There will be a bowling meeting Wednesday, 9/28 at 3:00 pm in room 156. It will take about 1/2 hour.
- Campus Life meets this Wednesday after school in Room 115. If you are looking for a fun place to make friends, talk about topics that are relevant to you, and enjoy delicious free pizza every week than this is the club for you! Come check it out; newcomers are always welcome!
- Homecoming Dance tickets go on sale TODAY through Friday at LUNCHES ONLY! Tickets are $15. (Checks should be made out to Oak Creek High School) Remember to bring your ID to the dance Saturday! No jeans!
- Tomorrow, WEDNESDAY, tickets will be on sale during the lunch hours for the Powder Puff game which will begin around 6:45 at the stadium. This is a fundraiser for Prom. Tickets are $2. ALL STUDENTS must have a ticket to enter (ID's are not accepted at this event). Avoid the long lines that night and buy your ticket on Wednesday at lunch.
- Presale of tickets for the Homecoming Football game will be on sale starting tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday of this week during student lunches. OCHS STUDENTS GET IN FREE IF YOU PRESENT YOUR OCHS ID, YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY A TICKET IF YOU SHOW YOUR ID. PLEASE GO THROUGH THE STUDENT GATE. ADULTS: $5, HS/MS STUDENTS: $4, ELEMENTARY STUDENTS: $3, OVER 65/MILITARY: FREE. It is appreciated if you bring exact change or small bills to keep the lines moving and the ticket takers won't run out of change! Please share this with your parents or those attending.
- Seniors: You are reminded that MATC-South Campus is hosting a College Goal Wisconsin Financial Aid completion night on October 4, at 6 p.m. Go to www.collegegoalwi.org for more information. You will need the following items in order to complete your 2018-19 FAFSA. If you are considered a dependent student for financial aid purposes, you will also need these items for your parent(s). 2016 Federal Tax Return and W2s, 2016 Untaxed Income Records, such as child support or veteran’s non education benefits, Information on savings, investments, business assets and farm assets (if applicable), Driver’s License (if you have one), Cell phone (if you have one), Social Security Number, Alien Registration Card or Permanent Resident Card (if you are not a U.S. citizen), Date of birth for parents, Month and year of parents’ marriage, divorce or separation
- If you would like to join the Environmental Club but were unable to attend the first meeting on Monday, please stop by room 251 at 10-12 building before or after school to pick up your activities form and sign up. Forms must be returned before our next meeting Oct 5th. See Ms. Fowler with questions.
- A representative from UW Platteville will be visiting OCHS tomorrow, September 27 during 6th hour in Room #107. If you're a junior or senior interested in visiting with this rep, sign up either using the link on the School Counseling calendar online OR in Pupil Services.
- The following colleges will be visiting OCHS. Any junior or senior interested in meeting with this representative should sign up in the pupil services office. Carroll University-Wednesday,October 4th, 6th hour (Bring bag lunch), Lewis University -Thursday, October 5th, 6th hour (Bring bag lunch), Alverno College-Tuesday, October 17th, 6th hour (Bring bag lunch).