Thursday, May 25, 2017
- Congratulations to the following HOSA members who were elected to the OC leadership team for the 2017-18 school year. They include Shraddha Bhide, Saloni Gupte, Kamaljeet Kaur, Trinsy Perumanoor, Dilpreet Singh. Thank you to all members who ran.
- Juniors if you wish to run for Senior Class Officer the forms need to be completed and turned in to the office at the end of the school day today.
- Attention All Freshmen, Sophomore and Junior Boys Basketball players. There will be a summer basketball meeting on Tuesday, May 30th at 2:50 PM in room 234. All sumer inforamtion and schedules will be discussed and handed out. If yo have any questions please see Coach Jossie.
- Anime club will be meeting in room 156. We will have those interested in running for office speak. We are voting next week.
- Congratulations to the 2017-2018 FBLA officer team: Grace Abifarin, Lindsey Henricks, Mitchell Leckie, Anisha Manivannan, and Manleen Rajput!
- ATTENTION: NEXT YEAR's AP BIOLOGY students. If you are registered for AP Biology next school year (17-18) you should have received your summer assignment. If you have not, please see Ms.Hunt in Room 255 before the end of the school year.
- 17-18 AP BIOLOGY STUDENTS: Reminder that if you would like to take the summer course INSTEAD of your summer assignment, you need to enroll with Ms. Kempf in Pupil Services. The deadline for this registration is Friday, June 2nd.
- Of course you know that texting while driving is banned for all drivers in the state of Wisconsin. You probably also know that cell phone usage for novice drivers is also banned, but some communities have additional local laws that limit technology use, so just put the cell phone away until you reach your destination. Don't forget to enter the contest on Twitter and Instagram. Take a picture of yourself in a car once you’ve safely reached any destination, and come up with a clever caption using the hashtag #cellfreeintheoc. The freshman with the most clever caption wins a $15 Gigi’s Cupcakes gift card and one lucky sophomore or junior will win a FREE PARKING PASS for the 2017-2018 school year! We will take entries through Sunday.
- Have you ever gone to see a play and thought to yourself, this is a little too rehearsed? Have you ever watched the actors on stage and thought that they seem too well-rested? Have you ever been disappointed by a script that has clearly taken a long time to write? Of course you have. We've all had these thoughts. But worry no more, The Oak Creek Theatre Program has a cure for your woes, and it's called Guerrilla Theatre. For one night only, students will get together and perform plays that today, the day of this announcement, don't even exist yet. The plays will be written on Friday evening, given to the actors Saturday morning, and performed for you live, at 7:00pm on Saturday the 27th. It's going to be a beautiful mess that you should come watch. For those of you who are curious, tickets will be on sale today and tomorrow in the lunch room, $2 for students, $4 dollars for everyone else. See you Saturday!
- Just a reminder - all library books were due YESTERDAY! Please return them to the LMC as soon as possible and pay all LMC fines in the office.
- Just a reminder that there is boys and girls volleyball open gym tonight from 6pm - 8pm. No experience necessary and bring some friends
- Attention Students: If you wish to be excused during any part of the assessment day’s schedule, you will need to pick up the written release form from the Attendance Office. The form will need to be filled out and signed by you and your parent/guardian. The forms are also available on the OC High School web-site. These forms are due in the Attendance Office no later than Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
- Attention Youth Options Students: This is just a reminder to turn in your textbooks from Youth Options in to Mrs. Paulson in the office as soon as you have completed your spring class. Students who will be attending Youth Options classes in the fall, please see Mrs. Paulson with the textbook information.
- Bank night for Relay for Life is on May 31st! It's an easy way to turn in your donations, permission slips, pick up your t-shirts, and get information. Come any time between 3-6pm in the Cafeteria!
- Register online today for Summer 2017 Driver Education classes @ www.ocfsd.org click Youth Programs. The Driver Education Program consists of classroom and behind-the-wheel phases. Classroom sessions are held at Oak Creek High School. Behind-the-wheel times are scheduled individually. Students should be 15 years old to start the classroom phase.Classes will run Monday - Thursday, June 19 - July 19 (no classes the week of July 3). Student may select classes from 10-12:20pm OR 12:40-3:00pm. Questions? Contact Mr. Haberli at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (no texting) 414-617-5954.
If you missed any previous announcements, please visit our Archived Announcements: