Welcome to the Oak Creek-Franklin Joint School District's 4K Program! The District offers half day 4K at four locations: Deerfield Elementary, Forest Ridge Elementary, Salvation Army, and Shepard Hills Elementary. Click the 4K Staff Directory Button Below to view information about our teachers at each location.
*Please note: The 4K sections are becoming close to capacity. Your child will be assigned where space is available.
September 5, 6, & 7
Staggered Start Dates for 4K (If you do not know your child's start date, please call (414) 768-5884.
September 8, 2017
No School for 4K Students
September 11, 2017
First official day of 4K! Transportation begins.
October 23, 2017
No School - Parent Teacher Conferences for 4K Students
Welcome to the 2017-18 School Year!
New this year! 4K Students have staggered
First Day of 4K: September 11, 2017
Following your student's staggered start date, the official first day of school for 4K students is Monday, September 11, 2017, which is also when transportation begins.
Students will be involved in a structured educational program which will allow them to develop skills in the following areas:
- Rote Counting
- Identifying numbers/shapes/colors
- Sorting and comparing
Social & Emotional Skills
- Expressing self
- Developing self-control during structured/unstructured activities
- Communicating emotions appropriately
- Demonstrating self-confidence
- Accepting responsibility
- Recognizing their name
- Identifying letters and numbers
- Recognizing concepts of print
Listening & Understanding
- Answering questions
- Following complex instructions
Speaking & Communicating
- Participating in class discussions and activities
- Communicating their needs appropriately
- Using a variety of vocabulary and language structure
- Putting on and taking off their coat
- Zipping, snapping, and buttoning
- Maintain good personal hygiene
- Demonstrating care of personal items