Welcome to the Oak Creek-Franklin Joint School District's 4K Program! The District offers half day 4K at four locations: Deerfield Elementary, Forest Ridge Elementary, Salvation Army, and Shepard Hills Elementary. Click the 4K Staff Directory Button Below to view information about our teachers at each location.
*Please note: These forms are for the 2017-18 school year. Online enrollment for the 2018-19 school year will open on February 12.
Enrollment Information for the 2018-19 School Year
Enrollment week for the District's 4K and 5K programs will take place March 12 - March 16 from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm at the District Office. Please note, 5K enrollment is only for students NOT currently enrolled in the District.
Parents and guardians are encouraged to begin the enrollment process online beginning February 12, 2018, using the district's website www.ocfsd.org, under the "Enrollment" tab. To finish the enrollment process, parents and guardians are asked to stop in the District Office during enrollment week to provide proof of residency, the child's birth certificate, and the child's immunization record.
If you have any questions about 4K and 5K enrollment, please contact Joyce at the District Office (414) 768-5884.
Addtitional information is also available on our website: http://www.ocfsd.org/enrollment/4k-5k-enrollment
Students will be involved in a structured educational program which will allow them to develop skills in the following areas:
- Rote Counting
- Identifying numbers/shapes/colors
- Sorting and comparing
Social & Emotional Skills
- Expressing self
- Developing self-control during structured/unstructured activities
- Communicating emotions appropriately
- Demonstrating self-confidence
- Accepting responsibility
- Recognizing their name
- Identifying letters and numbers
- Recognizing concepts of print
Listening & Understanding
- Answering questions
- Following complex instructions
Speaking & Communicating
- Participating in class discussions and activities
- Communicating their needs appropriately
- Using a variety of vocabulary and language structure
- Putting on and taking off their coat
- Zipping, snapping, and buttoning
- Maintain good personal hygiene
- Demonstrating care of personal items