Board of Education
Community members may contact Board of Education members if they have questions, concerns, or issues they would like to address regarding School Board business. Since the Superintendent is a nonvoting member of the governance team, we ask that he be copied on your communication so the team can work together effectively. You may also send your message to the Superintendent and ask him to forward it to all Board members, if you wish. Please be aware that any letters, e-mails, and other forms of communication you send to the Superintendent or Board members are generally considered public records and, as such, must be maintained for seven years and may be subject to request under Wisconsin Public Records Law. Listed below are the email contact information for School Board members and the Superintendent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The state assigns various powers, duties, and responsibilities to the Board of Education as a whole. The Board is empowered only when they meet as a group in a legal session. These sessions include regular Board of Education meetings, Board committee meetings, Special Meetings of the Board, and Executive Sessions of the Board. All meetings are posted at least twenty-four hours prior to the meetings. The postings include the time and place of the meeting as well as the agenda. Topics of discussion are limited to agenda items.
The roles and responsibilities of the Board of Education include:
- Review and act upon policies for the operation of the school system.
- Employ the district administrator in accordance with state statute 118.24(1) and support him or her in the discharge of his or her duties as listed in the policies of the Board.
- Establish the mission, vision, goals and objectives of the school district.
- Review and act upon the curriculum and curricular materials for the district.
- Review and act upon administrative recommendations for hiring and non-renewal of district employees.
- Review and act upon the budget and fiscal operations of the school district.
- Promote clear, effective communication between and among community members, Board, and district administration.
- Manage the property and affairs of the school district according to authority vested in the annual meeting.
- Perform such other duties as required by state law.
Members of the Board:
|Mr. Frank Carini|
|Ms. Sheryl Cerniglia|
|Ms. Amy Mlot|
|Ms. Leah Schreiber Johnson|
|Mr. Jeff Gassenhuber|
|Mr. Darin Grabowski|
|Mr. Mark Verhalen|
Dr. Tim Culver