Arrival and Dismissal Information
At Edgewood Elementary School one of our main goals and priorities is to ensure student safety. In order for student drop off/pick up to be successful, the Edgewood staff needs your cooperation and patience.
Guidelines and Procedures:
Student Drop Off:
- Parents will drop off will be in front of the Edgewood. Parents must pull all the way forward into the circle driveway, staff will assist your child/children getting out of your vehicle. Please do not get out of your vehicle; this will delay the drop off process.
- There will be ONE lane of traffic.
- Students will exit the vehicle and will walk to the front entrance of the school using the designated walk way. Staff members will be present to assist students at all times.
- Please exit the parking lot once your child/children have reached the walkway.
- If you need to come into the school, you will have to park on South Shepherd Avenue south of Edgewood and check in at the office.
Student Pick Up:
- Please do not enter the circle driveway before 2:55 p.m.
- All families will be given a number. This number must be visible when picking up your child/children. All students will be in room 13 until their number is called.
- Staff will bring students to vehicles.
- Student pick up will be in front of the school. Parents must pull all the way forward into the horseshoe and your child/children will be brought to your vehicle. Parents picking up their child/children should line up along South Shepard Avenue. Driving north on South Shepard Avenue will cause traffic to back up.
- Please avoid blocking or stopping in front of resident’s driveways.
AM/PM buses will drop off and pick up students behind Edgewood, in the back parking lot. Please do not enter the back parking area at any time; this will only cause delays and confusion with the buses.
Thank you for your cooperation.