The following is a summary of the attendance/tardy policy:
- Regular and punctual attendance is important. Frequent absences have a negative effect on school achievement.
- When your student must be absent from school due to illness or family emergency, parents are required to call the school office by 8:30 a.m. at 768-6240. You may also report an absence on our voice mail from 3:30 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. during the school week and on weekends. Please state in the voice mail your child’s name, reason for absence, grade and teacher.
- If a student will be tardy after 8:00 a.m. (i.e., a medical/dental appointment), we also request that a parent call.
- After morning absences are known, those absences that have not previously been confirmed by a telephone call from the parents will be followed up by a telephone call from a school secretary. The call will be made first to the home and, if not successful, then to the parent’s place of employment.
- Parents must accompany their child(ren) to the office to sign them in when tardy.