Bullying Policy and Procedures
Our district has recently adopted a new policy and procedures to eliminate bullying. It is important to be familiar with Policy 411 Student Non-Discrimination, Anti-Harassment, and Anti-Bullying and the procedures for reporting bullying and/or harassment. The policy, procedures and form for reporting bullying are listed below:
Parents play a key role in preventing and responding to bullying. In addition to understanding the district's new policy, the following site from the to the U. S. Health Resources and Services Administration contains useful information: www.stopbullying.gov.
- Informational Website: www.stopbullying.gov
- Online Article: Social Media Cyber-bullying: Online Safety and Security Tips for Children, Teens and Young Adults
- Interact Internet Safety Resource: Interact is an online e-course created for parents and guardians to complete with their children with the goal of initiating online safety discussions at home. To access the program visit: https://dpi.wi.gov/internet-safety/new-interactive-safety-resource-available
- Free App: KnowBullying by SAMHSA is a free app that encourages conversation between you and your children. The time you spend will build their self-esteem and help them face bullying—whether they are being bullied, engaging in bullying, or witnessing bullying. Download the app: http://store.samhsa.gov/apps/bullying/.
- STOPit App: All Oak Creek-Franklin students have access to the STOPit app. This app gives students the ability to anonymously report any inappropriate behavior directly to a school administrator. Learn more on the STOPit page of our website.