2019 Summer School Dates, Times & Locations
New Locations Due to Construction
K-8 SUMMER SCHOOL
- June 17 - July 12
- Monday - Friday
- No classes July 4th & July 5th
- Grades K-3: Shepard Hills, 7:45 - 11:45 am
- Grades 4-8: Forest Ridge, 8:15 am - 12:15 pm
HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER SCHOOL
- June 17 - July 25
- Monday - Thursday
- No classes July 4th
- 7:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Government for incoming freshmen will be held at the 9th Grade Center.
High school summer school is primarily remedial. Information will be sent to high school families later this month. High school students can register anytime before the end of the school year. High school students should see their school counselor for information about summer school.
Thank you for your interest in Summer School 2019. Summer school course selection is now complete. No additional students can be added to summer school classes for students who will be entering kindergarten-8th grades.
If your child is currently signed up for summer school, you have been notified of their schedule. A finalized schedule with specific summer school information, including driving directions, will be sent to Infinite Campus parent portal accounts and email (when an email address is listed in Infinite Campus) on Tuesday, June 4.
Please click the button below for information about Wrap Around Care for summer school.
- 1. What is K-8 summer school?
- 2. When do I register my child for summer school?
- 3. If I sign my child up for a class on the first day of online course selection in Infinite Campus, do they have a better chance of getting the class they want?
- 4. What grades is summer school K-8 for?
- 5. My child has an IEP. Can they still attend summer school?
- 6. My child is going into K4 next year. Can I still sign them up for a kindergarten class?
- 7. Which grade should I sign my child up for?
- 8. How long is each summer school class and how many classes can my child take?
- 9. Is Aspire before and after care available for summer school?
- 10. Is there busing for summer school?
- 11. My child(ren) will be attending Camp OC wraparound. How many classes should they take?
- 12. Can I make a special request for my child be placed in the same classes as their friends?
- 13. Is there only one location for summer school?
- 14. I want my child to take a reading or math class, but they weren’t recommended. Can I still sign them up for those classes?
- 15. Can I drop my student off early?
- 16. How do I register for summer school if my child already attends a school in the Oak Creek-Franklin Joint School District?
- 17. My child will only be coming for one class. Can I make a request for a specific time slot?
- 18. Is there a limit to the number of alternate courses I can select during online course selection?
- 19. Why are there new locations for summer school?
- 20. The class my child chose has a fee. When do fees need to be paid and how do I find out the fees I owe?
- 21. Will there be Summer PREP running in August for recommended students?
- 22. My child does not attend an Oak Creek-Franklin public school, but we live in the district. Can my child still attend summer school?
- 23. How do I select summer school courses?
The OCFJSD summer school for elementary/middle school students (KG-8th grade) is an extension of the curriculum taught during the regular school year. Students have many opportunities to enrich their learning through various course offerings. There are enrichment courses that are open to all students who will be entering kindergarten to those entering 8th grades and readiness classes that are by teacher recommendation only. The Summer School Course catalogs include a description of each class.
We use a scheduler program that randomly places students in courses that they have requested up to when the capacity is met. It is designed to best meet the needs of all students. Classes are not first come, first serve and there is no guarantee that your child will get a full schedule. If your child does not get a full schedule you will need to add your child to the online waiting list.
We welcome and encourage all students to participate in summer school enrichment programming, however, please note that summer school is permissive and classes are not designed to provide the same level of services and supports which would be provided during the regular school year. While additional staff and aide support will be available for enrichment courses, if your child has special education needs necessitating significant supports during the school year, please consult with your child’s special education teacher for program recommendations.
The wraparound care for summer is called Camp OC. Like the Aspire program that runs during the school year, Camp OC is run by Youth Programs and you register your child through the Youth Programs department. Click HERE for more information about Camp OC.
If your child will be attending summer school and Camp OC Wraparound care to be a full day of childcare then your child will need to take 2 summer school classes. Occasionally a student is only coming for one class and there is a need for one specific period. If this is the case, please send an email to email@example.com. While there are no guarantees your child will end up in their first choice class, we will work with you so your child will not have a gap between Camp OC and summer school. Listing multiple alternate classes will assist us in getting your child scheduled.
No, there are two locations for summer school that are determined by the grade your child will be in next fall.
- Students in grades K-3 will attend summer school at Shepard Hills Elementary (9701 S. Shepard Avenue in Oak Creek).
- Students in grades 4-8 will attend summer school at Forest Ridge Elementary (2200 W. Drexel Avenue in Oak Creek).
If your child is only attending summer school for one period you should still put in a course request in Infinite Campus. It is helpful if you also list alternate courses if your child is not randomly selected for their first choice class in the period you need. There is no way to request a specific period in Infinite Campus, so you must also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that lists the specific period. While we cannot guarantee your child a spot in their first choice class, we will work with you to try and accommodate your needs.
Fees need to be paid by May 3, 2019. No fee statements will be mailed or sent via Friday folders this year. Parents will need to log into their Portal account and view fees there.
Fees can be paid one of 3 ways.
By credit card in your Portal account.
To pay in person at your child’s school or district office using cash or check. You can print the fee statement for all members or you will need to include the full names of all children you are paying for.
To pay by mail (check only). You can print the fee statement for all members or you will need to include the full names of all children you are paying for along with payment to Oak Creek-Franklin Joint School District, 7630 S. 10th Street, Oak Creek, WI 53154, Attn: Summer School.
Yes. You will need to enroll your child using our online enrollment (Link to enrollment information). You will select “current year” for the enrollment year and the grade your child WILL be in next year as enrollment grade. You will also be saying YES to the question, “Is this student attending ONLY summer school in the Oak Creek-Franklin School District? (i.e. student attends private school during the school year.)” This will ensure that the enrollment information only applies for summer school.
After your child is completely enrolled, you will receive login information for Infinite Campus and you will request classes for summer school using the same method as parents who have children attending during the school year.