2020 Summer School Dates & Locations
K-8 SUMMER SCHOOL
- June 15-July 17 (No school on July 3)
- Grades K-3: Forest Ridge (7:45 - 11:45 a.m.)
- Grades 4-8: West Middle School (8:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.)
HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER SCHOOL
- Monday - Thursday
- June 15 - July 23 (7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.)
- Locations: 9th Grade Center & Oak Creek High School 10-12 Building
Please see your school counselor for more information about summer school offerings for high school students.
K-8 Summer School Course Requests
Summer school course requests will be accepted March 9-30 for students entering grades KG-8th for the 20-21 school year. All course requests are made online using your Infinite Campus parent portal account. Summer school is not first come-first served. Due to restrictions on class size, all course requests will not be able to be met, so parents are asked to list alternate course selections for their child at the time course requests are made. This is especially important if summer school is part of your child care for summer.
Students living in the district, but not attending an OCFSD school are welcome to attend summer school. If your child does not currently attend an OCFSD school, a guardian will need to complete the enrollment process prior to being able to select courses. Enrollment for summer school can be done at any time, but please note that there is a 48 hour turnaround time after all documentation is submitted. Please see the enrollment page for more details on this process. Students currently attending an OCFSD school should not complete the enrollment process.
Camp OC Child Care
Youth Programs offers child care throughout the summer. During summer school Camp OC works in conjunction with K-8 summer school to provide whole day child care.
K-8 Summer School Contact Information
- 1. What is K-8 summer school?
- 2. When do I register my child for summer school?
- 3. If I sign my child up for a class on the first day of online course selection in Infinite Campus, do they have a better chance of getting the class they want?
- 4. What grades is summer school K-8 for?
- 5. My child has an IEP. Can they still attend summer school?
- 6. My child is going into K4 next year. Can I still sign them up for a kindergarten class?
- 7. Which grade should I sign my child up for?
- 8. How long is each summer school class and how many classes can my child take?
- 9. Is Aspire before and after care available for summer school?
- 10. Is there busing for summer school?
- 11. My child(ren) will be attending Camp OC wraparound. How many classes should they take?
- 12. Can I make a special request for my child be placed in the same classes as their friends?
- 13. Is there only one location for summer school?
- 14. Can I drop my student off early?
- 15. How do I register for summer school if my child already attends a school in the Oak Creek-Franklin Joint School District?
- 16. My child will only be coming for one class. Can I make a request for a specific time slot?
- 17. Is there a limit to the number of alternate courses I can select during online course selection?
- 18. Why was there a change in summer school sites for the 2020 summer school?
- 19. The class my child chose has a fee. When do fees need to be paid and how do I find out the fees I owe?
- 20. My child does not attend an Oak Creek-Franklin public school, but we live in the district. Can my child still attend summer school?
- 21. How do I select summer school courses?