On November 6, the Oak Creek-Franklin Community has an opportunity to shape the future of our students, schools and community. The referendum seeks to address a number of the District's needs and reinforce our commitment to providing high-quality education for all students.
The comprehensive, K12 facilities plan that addresses both critical infrastructure and important educational needs across the district:
- Improve entrance security and handicap access at a majority of schools, as well as relocate the School Resource Officer to the front office at West Middle School.
- Add gymnasiums at five elementary schools to separate cafeteria from gym and resolve scheduling conflicts between food service and Physical Education classes, as well as Literacy and Math blocks.
- Update and expand Career and Technical Education areas and add collaboration space for project-based activities.
- Renew interior spaces at our five oldest elementary schools and make updates to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements.
- Upgrade athletic fields, to include adding a new Varsity Baseball Field and moving the Varsity Soccer field.
- Build a Performing Arts Education Center at the High School.
- Address significant parking, traffic flow and other related safety issues at multiple schools.