Shepard Hills Elementary
an Oak Creek-Franklin Public School: Building Successful Futures Together
Working together to engage, challenge and inspire every student every day.
- Shepard Hills engages students with exceptional learning experiences and caring support.
- Shepard Hills challenges students to think critically, collaborate, communicate, & create.
- Shepard Hills inspires students to set and achieve ever higher goals.
Preparing All - Celebrating Knowledge
Core Values & Beliefs
Success of Every Student: Students should have many varied opportunities to learn, to achieve, and to celebrate success in & out of the classroom. We act on our belief that all students can learn anything.
Continuous Improvement: We value continuous improvement through collaboration, shared leadership, & learning at all levels. Faculty, staff, administrators, parents, & students collaboratively evaluate our individual and collective progress & take action to improve.
Teamwork: Education is a partnership among the community, parents, students, and school personnel; decisions are made with their input and participation. We work together to innovate and ensure student success in a supportive environment.
Safety: Schools and work sites must be safe and secure environments for students, parents, and employees - emotionally as well as physically.
High Expectations: Expectations are clearly defined, understood, and shared. Students, parents, and employees are empowered, supported, and trained to meet expectations. Successes are recognized and celebrated.
Respect & Integrity: Communication and interaction among and between students, parents, employees, and community members should be defined by mutual respect, trust, and support. We celebrate our diverse community; differences enrich and strengthen us.
2017 - 2018 School Improvement Goals
- Literacy Goal: The Student Growth Percentile (SGP) will increase from 61 to 65 or higher and the percent of students meeting proficiency will increase from 52% to 56 %.
- Math Goal: The Student Growth Percentile (SGP) will increase from 59 to 65 or higher and the percent of students meeting proficiency will increase from 58% to 62%.
- Student Engagement Goal
:Shepard Hills Student Engagement Score increases from 4.21 to 4.26.
- Parent Engagement Goal: Shepard Hills Parent Engagement Score increases from 4.20 to 4.25.
- Employee Engagement Goal: Shepard Hills Employee Engagement Score increases from 4.03 to 4.08.