West Middle School
Oak Creek-Franklin Public School: Building Successful Futures Together an
Working together to engage, challenge and inspire every student every day.
- West Middle School engages students with exceptional learning experiences and caring support.
- West Middle School challenges students to think critically, collaborate, communicate, & create.
- West Middle School inspires students to set and achieve ever higher goals.
Promoting responsible decision-making and
Core Values & Beliefs
Success of Every Student: Students should have many varied opportunities to learn, to achieve, and to celebrate success in & out of the classroom. We act on our belief that all students can learn anything.
Respect & Integrity: Communication and interaction among and between students, parents, employees, and community members should be defined by mutual respect, trust, and support. We celebrate our diverse community; differences enrich and strengthen us.
Continuous Improvement: We value continuous improvement through collaboration, shared leadership, & learning at all levels. Faculty, staff, administrators, parents, & students collaboratively evaluate our individual and collective progress & take action to improve.
High Expectations: Expectations are clearly defined, understood, and shared. Students, parents, and employees are empowered, supported, and trained to meet expectations. Successes are recognized and celebrated.
Teamwork: Education is a partnership among the community, parents, students, and school personnel; decisions are made with their input and participation. We work together to innovate and ensure student success in a supportive environment.
Safety: Schools and work sites must be safe and secure environments for students, parents, and employees - emotionally as well as physically.
2017-2018 School Improvement Goals
- Literacy Goal: West Middle School’s median Student Growth Percentile (SGP) will increase from 64 to 65 or higher and the percent of students meeting proficiency will increase by 4% (from 54.1 to 58.1%).
- Math Goal: West Middle School’s median Student Growth Percentile (SGP) will be 65 or higher and the percent of students meeting proficiency will increase by 4% (from 58% to 62%).
- Student Engagement Goal: Student Engagement Score increases from 3.66 to 3.76.
- Parent Engagement Goal: Parent Engagement Score increases from 3.84 to 3.94.
- Employee Engagement Goal: 3.61 Employee Engagement Score increases from 3.51 to 3.61.