2020 Summer School Dates, Times & Locations - TBD
K-8 SUMMER SCHOOL
Thank you Oak Creek-Franklin families so your participation in 2018-19 summer school! The dates for 2019-2020 will be published in January.
HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER SCHOOL
High school summer school is primarily remedial. Dates, times and locations for 20202 will be published in January.
Camp OC Child Care
Youth Programs offers child care throughout the summer. During summer school Camp OC works in conjunction with K-8 summer school to provide whole day child care.
K-8 Summer School Contact Information
- 1. What is K-8 summer school?
- 2. When do I register my child for summer school?
- 3. If I sign my child up for a class on the first day of online course selection in Infinite Campus, do they have a better chance of getting the class they want?
- 4. What grades is summer school K-8 for?
- 5. My child has an IEP. Can they still attend summer school?
- 6. My child is going into K4 next year. Can I still sign them up for a kindergarten class?
- 7. Which grade should I sign my child up for?
- 8. How long is each summer school class and how many classes can my child take?
- 9. Is Aspire before and after care available for summer school?
- 10. Is there busing for summer school?
- 11. My child(ren) will be attending Camp OC wraparound. How many classes should they take?
- 12. Can I make a special request for my child be placed in the same classes as their friends?
- 13. Is there only one location for summer school?
- 14. I want my child to take a reading or math class, but they weren’t recommended. Can I still sign them up for those classes?
- 15. Can I drop my student off early?
- 16. How do I register for summer school if my child already attends a school in the Oak Creek-Franklin Joint School District?
- 17. My child will only be coming for one class. Can I make a request for a specific time slot?
- 18. Is there a limit to the number of alternate courses I can select during online course selection?
- 19. Why was there a change in summer school sites for the 2019 summer school?
- 20. The class my child chose has a fee. When do fees need to be paid and how do I find out the fees I owe?
- 21. My child does not attend an Oak Creek-Franklin public school, but we live in the district. Can my child still attend summer school?
- 22. How do I select summer school courses?
The OCFJSD summer school for elementary/middle school students (KG-8th grade) is an extension of the curriculum taught during the regular school year. Students have many opportunities to enrich their learning through various course offerings. There are enrichment courses that are open to all students who will be entering kindergarten to those entering 8th grades and readiness classes that are by teacher recommendation only. The Summer School Course catalogs include a description of each class.
Online course selection/registration occurs in early March and takes place in Infinite Campus. After the early registration deadline there will be a blackout period while courses are scheduled. A Google Form waiting list will open after that time to fill courses with availability. Specific Dates will be added here when they are available.
We use a scheduler program that randomly places students in courses that they have requested up to when the capacity is met. It is designed to best meet the needs of all students. Classes are not first come, first serve and there is no guarantee that your child will get a full schedule. If your child does not get a full schedule you will need to add your child to the online waiting list.
We welcome and encourage all students to participate in summer school enrichment programming, however, please note that summer school is permissive and classes are not designed to provide the same level of services and supports which would be provided during the regular school year. While additional staff and aide support will be available for enrichment courses, if your child has special education needs necessitating significant supports during the school year, please consult with your child’s special education teacher for program recommendations.
The wraparound care for summer is called Camp OC. Like the Aspire program that runs during the school year, Camp OC is run by Youth Programs and you register your child through the Youth Programs department. Click HERE for more information about Camp OC.
If your child will be attending summer school and Camp OC Wraparound care to be a full day of childcare then your child will need to take 2 summer school classes. Occasionally a student is only coming for one class and there is a need for one specific period. If this is the case, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. While there are no guarantees your child will end up in their first choice class, we will work with you so your child will not have a gap between Camp OC and summer school. Listing multiple alternate classes will assist us in getting your child scheduled.
If your child is only attending summer school for one period you should still put in a course request in Infinite Campus. It is helpful if you also list alternate courses if your child is not randomly selected for their first choice class in the period you need. There is no way to request a specific period in Infinite Campus, so you must also send an email to email@example.com that lists the specific period. While we cannot guarantee your child a spot in their first choice class, we will work with you to try and accommodate your needs.
No fee statements will be mailed or sent via Friday folders. Parents will need to log into their Portal account and view fees there.
Fees can be paid one of 3 ways.
By credit card in your Portal account.
To pay in person at your child’s school or district office using cash or check. You can print the fee statement for all members or you will need to include the full names of all children you are paying for.
To pay by mail (check only). You can print the fee statement for all members or you will need to include the full names of all children you are paying for along with payment to Oak Creek-Franklin Joint School District, 7630 S. 10th Street, Oak Creek, WI 53154, Attn: Summer School.